Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wednesday: Mixed Greens Salad with Chicken, Olives, and Pumpkin Seeds

One of the puzzles I've been having fun trying to solve is what to do with all the chicken meat created when I make my weekly whole chicken stock. It's completely unseasoned, and thus very versatile. Tonight we went super quick with a mixed greens, chicken, and kalamata olive salad, topped with pumpkin seeds, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and croutons (optional; skip if you're low-FODMAP.) The result was super fast, easy, nutritious, and light but filling. We'll be making variations on this a lot in the future.


FACTS AND FIGURES 

  
Prep time: 5 min. Assembly.
Servings: 2 
Agony rating: 1/10. 
Taste and stuff: 7/10. 

*COSTS OF STUFF I HAD TO BUY SPECIAL*

This one is basically made from odds and ends and leftovers, so let's just say mixed greens: $3.99.


Tonight, I'm cooking this giant butternut squash in the slow cooker with a few tablespoons of beef broth for good measure. I set it for six hours on low, since it's been in the fridge. Here it is:



Yeah, I thought it looked pretty funny, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment